Following President Cyril Ramaphosa’s address regarding COVID-19 on Sunday 15 March, our Executive team met first thing this morning to discuss the immediate next steps to be taken as a business. In addition we have consulted with a number of expert sources to guide our approach.
To this end the following steps have been taken:
- Small team meetings were held today with all staff to inform every one of our commitment to our staff and clients as well as to address any concerns staff may have.
- Staff who are able to work from home have been identified and will do so with effect from Tuesday 17 March
- A new seating plan will be implemented this week to increase the working distance between staff
- Teams will be split across areas in the business to mitigate the risk of impacting an entire division / team
- We have kept interleading doors open to avoid staff having to use biometric systems
- Our cleaning team has increased the frequency of cleaning surfaces and handles during the day
- We have organised for a Deep cleaning company will clean the office twice a week
- Onsite hand sanitizers have been available at all doors since last week – we will add a station at the office entrance on Wednesday
- Parents who may be affected by schools closing may consult with their manager for leave
- We have a Disaster Recovery site in place – should the need arise
- All travel has been cancelled
- Meetings will be held online
- Training will be paused / done differently
I would like to take this opportunity to commend everyone on the positive approach they have taken.
Please act responsibly towards our hygiene and our economy.